All tests

Celiac Disease Genetic Testing

Are you experiencing digestive problems after eating foods that contain gluten? Do you think
you might have Celiac Disease? Our genetic test can help you confirm whether you inherited
the genes associated with this autoimmune disorder.

Order now $135

Celiac Disease Genetic Testing

Price: $135
Testing: 1 person
Timeframe: 10 to 15 working days from receipt of samples at the laboratory

Celiac disease is considered as one of the most severe types of gluten intolerance. It is an autoimmune disorder where the body is unable to digest gluten (a protein present in wheat, rye and barley). The immune system responds by attacking the small intestine. This then leads to an inflamed intestine and inhibits the absorption of important nutrients. If not taken care of Celiac disease can lead to other serious disorders such as infertility or neurological conditions.

What are the most common symptoms?

Symptoms of Celiac Disease vary from one person to the next. However, the following are some of the most common symptoms of the disease:

  • Delayed growth or puberty (particularly in children)
  • Dermatitis herpetiformis (severe skin rash)
  • Diarrhea
  • Joint pain
  • Missed periods
  • Nausea
  • Weight loss (particularly in children)

About this test

There are two versions of the Celiac Disease Genetic Testing, the Standard and the Extended Test. The Standard Test identifies the two HLA-DQ alleles linked to celiac disease: DQ2.502 (present in 90-95% of cases) and DQ80302 (present in the remaining 10-5%). For $135, this test can help you to understand complex diagnoses, create a prevention plan according to your needs and confirm other tests results.

The Extended Test analyzes 16 markers within the HLA system for a more comprehensive assessment. This test costs an additional $54. This test offers additional benefits:

  • Individual Risk Assessment: Determine your personal likelihood of developing celiac disease.
  • Family Screening: Identify the genetic makeup of relatives for potential risk.
  • Definitive Exclusion: Rule out celiac disease entirely with a negative result.

Important Note: We strongly suggest you consult your doctor or specialist before and after taking this test.

The DNA test allows you to rule out the disease with an accuracy of 99%. The test is offered from $135 and results are ready in 10 to 15 working days from receipt of samples at the laboratory. The results of this test include:

  • Clinical features of Celiac disease
  • Dietary requirements and information
  • Genotype analysis
  • Percentage of disease risk
  • Recommendations
  • Treatment

Why should you order our celiac disease genetic test?

If you suspect you have celiac disease, you may have considered other different types of testing such as antibody blood tests. However, it is important to note that antibody blood testing can only be used if you have been consuming gluten. Contrarily, genetic testing for celiac disease does not require a blood draw and can be carried out even if you have been following a gluten-free diet. Sample collection for our Celiac disease genetic test is done by means of a sterile mouth swab found within the sample collection kit we provide.

Most importantly, since celiac disease can be inherited, you have a 5-10% chance of inheriting the gene if you have a family member who suffers from this disease. Only a genetic test such as ours can determine whether you have the genes involved in celiac disease.

>> Click here for a Standard sample report <<

>> Click here for a Extended sample report <<

Other Clinical tests

Do you experience severe to moderate discomfort after consuming dairy products? Lactose Intolerance testing can help you establish whether you carry a particular gene mutation which makes you unable to digest lactose. Read more about our Lactose Intolerance DNA Test.


Skip to toolbar